5/29/08

Last Day

Today was our last full day. However, we don't leave until 6pm-ish tomorrow, so that's a pretty full day too.

In the morning we did the usual. Watch SportsCenter - which is pretty cool b/c most of the games are already over b/c of the crazy time change. We played a bunch of Rummikube games. Winner always gets to eat a muffin or ice cream or something. Unfortunatly I'm darn good at this game, so I'm getting a little puffy.

My mom and I hit "Macy's" for the third and final time. I found some muffin paper things (with July 4th symbols on them). A pack of 50 was a whopping 17 cents. I bought 5. And you know those cotton cheerleader style shorts? Normally they say "hot" or "juicy" on the butt? They had a bunch of those for 87 cents, thankfully with out any tacky sayings on the butt. I bought 6 pairs of those.

Around 3pm my mom and I went snorkeling one last time while the boys read books on the beach. My dad can't swim (which is pretty funny b/c he lives on an island) and Jonathan doesn't like snorkeling very much. I found a sweet and BIG pointy shell on the ocean floor. My mom dove down and picked it up, but there was something living inside of it. I found 6 huge shells while snorkeling, but they were all alive. All the cool shells I find, either snorkeling or on the beach, are always alive.

We have been washing and air drying all our shells and beach glass on a huge towel. My dad said one night he was reading outside, and one of my shells was walking away. He said he was too tired to go stop it, so it just walked out of the porch. Thanks for nothing dad!

1 comment:

Terry said...

your shell walked away, that is too funny!!! snorkeling isnt swimming, it's floating around looking for junk! Tell jonathan you saw some mickey ears on the bottom, he'll dive right in! LOL Well it sounds like you had a great time Amber, but it will feel good to get home. Cant wait to see pics of all your booty.