5/24/08

Everything must go!

Today was a lazy day. In fact, this entire vacation has gone like this: lazy, do something, lazy, do something ... since we boated out to Bigej yesterday, today was a scheduled lazy day.

There are 2 stores on this island. Ironically, they are called Macy's and Macy's West. On the other nearby Army island they have 1 store, called Gimbles. Weird huh?

Well, Macy's and Macy's West are going out of business. Everything is 80-95% off! I bought tons of stuff all for only about $15. Jackpot!!! Most of it is cookwear, cheesy t-shirts, candles and tupperware. I wish I needed a Halloween costume - they had tons of ugly clothes for $1 and lots of halloween make up and props.

The rest of the day we played Rummikube (greatest game ever) and watched baseball (it's fun to watch "live" baseball, b/c all the games are over by 4pm.

Tonight is movie night. In 1 hour Over Her Dead Body is on (which sounds really lame) and at 9:30pm is Untraceable. I really want to see Untraceable, but it starts at 9:30pm. I haven't seen 9:30pm since I've been here. Why does the hot air and ocean mist make me so tired? We'll see if I can stay awake that long. Zzzzzz ...

4 comments:

Terry said...

nothing like lazy days on the ocean. It's just the heat/wind and fresh air that make you tired....i love that kind of tired. Stretch out on clean sheets and take a nap...ahhhhhhh. How long you there for Amber?

Anonymous said...

Hello~!!!!! Sounds like you are having a great vacation! I so agree with you on Rummikub being one of THE greatest games EVER!!!!! Atually, it is my favorite game to play! :) Enjoy the rest of your vacation! ;}

Jaclyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaclyn said...

So you've been burned, sea sick and now too tired? Wow, you really know how to vacation! Movies and sales are fun, but I'll be watching the Wings vs. the Penguins in your absence!!! GO WINGS!!!