5/28/08

3, 2, 1, Liftoff!

As this vacation comes to a close, the blogging gets more and more boring.

Today we did a whole pile of jack squat. We took a walk in the morning to see the high school. Each year the senior class (I think there were 12-15 kids this year) all paints their name on the road by the high school. Each kid paints it to represent themselves. Like "Brittani" painted her name along with a bunch of flowers and "Jon" painted his name using the colors of the Marshallese flag, etc ...

I've been dying to bike down to the runaway and watch a big Continental plane almost land on my head. It's a PAIN IN THE BUTT to bike down to the runway, b/c the winds off the Pacific Ocean are a killer. But I dragged myself down there, and after about 20 minutes of waiting (and finding sea shells and sea glass) the plane almost landed on my head. I took a 30 second video of it. I have a ton of short videos to YouTube once I get home.

Tonight is movie night at the ARC (Adult Rec Center). Tonight's movie is Jumper. It looked kind-of lame when I saw previews 4 months ago, but it's something to do. AFN (Armed Forces Network) is getting more and more painful by the day!

Only 1.5 days left!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Amber your blog has been very entertaining for me, i read it first thing to see what all you've done....or not done for the day. Sounds like a perfect restful vacation to me, but i'm getting tired of hearing about all your faboulous beach glass!!!! ;p bring me back a piece!!!!