5/26/08

Happy Memorial Day X2

It's only 3pm here, but I'm at the computer lab. Even though today is Tuesday, it's Monday back in the US - so we're officially celebrating Memorial Day today (then why was the beach party yesterday?). I guess the Kwaj residents do that for every holiday. Even their weekend is Sunday/Monday b/c that corresponds to the USA Saturday/Sunday.

I wanted to ride my bike down to the runway to watch the big Continental plane fly in and almost land on my head (like that Army plane did yesterday) and take a video of it. I was about 5 minutes too late. I was almost at the beach when I saw the plane lights. I was so bummed! It's really, REALLY hard work to ride bikes by the runway. There is a killer wind. The plane will land around 5pm tomorrow night, so maybe I'll try it again.

As we got back off the runway, it was noon. They were about to do a 21 gun salute to Memorial Day. I got that on film. Although the first time the guns fired I jumped a little bit. Those suckers are loud!

After missing the plane we ride over to see the sharks again. The stupid turtle was still there.

I didn't sleep very well yesterday. Yesterday was also the only day I didn't eat any ice cream. I figured the 2 were related, and I've been pigging out on ice cream today. You can't be too careful!

Not much planned for the rest of the day! The Rays (baseball team) are on at 7pm, so it will probably be a lazy night of baseball watching and probably more ice cream eating. Have you ever tried vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and peanuts? The salty peanut combined with the sweet ice cream is fantastic!!!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Good thing you got some biking in with all that ice cream eating!!! Looking foward to seeing all your pictures Amber.