2/3/10

Duck!

So you might have read this on my facebook page ... but here is the story again.

Long story short:
I hit a duck today!

Short story long:
So I'm driving home from work on the road that does by Downtown Disney, Boardwalk and Hollywood Studios. As I accelerate from the light to enter Studios I see something out of the corner of my eye.

Turns out to be a duck (a pretty good sized mallard), flying towards the Boardwalk Inn from Studios. Why it's flying only about 4' off the ground is beyond me. I mean, the stupid bird has the ENTIRE sky to fly in, and he flies at car level.

Instead of slamming on my breaks, I just let a loud swear word fly, close my eyes for a second and *bam*. I smashed the duck with my wind shield.

First words of out my mouth to my carpool buddy were, "what just happened?!?".

Seconds words out of my mouth were, "Where's my camera when I need it?!?"

I immediately looked in my rearview mirror, but I didn't see the duck on the ground. Maybe it escaped unharmed. I did have some random liquid on my windshield, but no feathers or anything.

Looking back, I guess I'm thankful that my windshield didn't crack or anything.

Crazy stuff!

2 comments:

monica said...

Good heavens girl.....

Unknown said...

you....killed....donald....

;)