1/30/10

You're right Kurt Warner ...

Jonathan loves Kurt Warner, so I watched & DVR'ed his press conference on Friday. (If you're not a football fan, Kurt Warner announced his retirement yesterday)

He mentioned that he'll obviously miss the couple hours he spent on the football field every week, but what he'll miss most of all is the 5 hours each Sunday he hung out in the locker room with the guys. Sure, he'll still stay in touch with many of his teammates, but it just won't be the same.

This made me really think about my current (and temporary) job. I'm working in a computer lab, sitting inches away from my co-workers. I could pull my chair away from my desk, swing around with my legs extended, and smack 4 people in the back. We all eat lunch together, work together, heck - we even carpool together (ok, I carpool with 1 other person I carpool with, but you get the idea).

Sure, after the job is over (which, for me, is probably sooner than later) I'll stay in touch with some of my co-workers, but it just won't be the same. When you spend 9 hours a day with people, all sort of fun and odd conversations happen. Plus, I really stink at keeping in touch. Facebook makes it easer ... but I just really, really bad at keeping in touch. It makes me sad.

So thank you Kurt Warner! You were the greatest show on turf, and you're one smart son of a gun.

1 comment:

monica said...

I so agree. In preschool, I always have an aide. When I taught full time, you're in the room with one other adult for 7 hours...you get close, she becomes one of my very best friends each and every time. (I had 3 during my 6 years of full time) We hang out during and after work, we are so close. Each and every time when we stop working together, we drift apart. "We have to have lunch" just never happens.... Then when I teach part time, I have the same thing...wonderful side kick who becomes one of my very best friends in the world...she takes her own class 4 years later, moves downstairs from me. It's downstairs, not the end of the Earth. We still talk some, get together here and there...but it's not the same. We're not in the room together 4 hours a day. She said the other day she sometimes wishes she hadn't become a teacher so we'd still be together. Been with my new side kick for going on 3 years and she's awesome. We, naturally, are the greatest of friends..... So.... a long long story (as per my style) to say I so relate!!!!!!!!!!!