9/10/08

The Varsity!



No trip to Atlanta would be complete with out a trip to the Varsity.  They recently celebrated their 80th anniversary.
It's just a bunch of greasy food, but it's an Atlanta classic.  I had a chili cheeseburger and a peach pie.
The Varsity's catch phrase is "what'll ya have!".  Basically when you walk in the door, there is a mile long counter with tons of cash registers.  The workers just yell "what'll ya have!" at you until you read the menu and make up your mind.  Jonathan kept telling me that I would make a great Varsity employee because I'm cranky and yell alot.  Hardy, har, har.

3 comments:

monica said...

whatdayahave - mmmmm varsity - a true atlanta classic tradition -

Terry said...

ahhhh, we pass that place all the time, i wondered about it. No way could I convince John to detour off the highway for that, not to mention it's usually 9am when we go through! Sounds good though....peach pie...NUM!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun place - I totally could be a cranky employee!