9/18/08

Elevator Ettiquete

Did I spell "ettiquete" wrong?  I'm guessing I did.

Seriously - did some people in my office building never visit a 2 story building before?  Welcome to the world of elevators!  They are magical creatures.

Maybe I'm just being a jerk, but I find it so annoying (and rude) when I'm standing there, waiting for an elevator, and somebody rushes up and stands right in front of the door.

#1 - you just cut in front of me (and I'm the only one standing here)

#2 - it's a big elevator, we're both going to fit

#3 - people have to get off the elevator, so give them some freaking room!

This happens every day.  When I get off the elevator, I always have to say "excuse me" to somebody who's rushing to get in the elevator.  Can't you wait 2 seconds?

And this isn't some college dorm room elevator (I always remember those 'vators were super crowded and you always had to wait for one forever).  We've got 3 elevators in my office building, and they are NEVER full.  Normally when I press the button, an empty one opens immediatly.

Trust me, I'm all for rushing to get to places (I'm a fast walker), but give us elevator riders a break.

2 comments:

-H- said...

Grrrrr! Hate when that happens!!
Poor Ambie.

Just tell that "cut in line person" next time this, "Aren't you in hurry?!, but aren't we all going to be in the same boxed lifting thing? I'd appreciate it if you didn't cut in line to take the same elevator I'm taking."

I totally would tell that person that!!

-H- said...

You almost had it right!!
One more t on the latter t.
"Etiquette"