9/8/08

She sell sea shells ...




My boss was talking about a pile of shells she found, and was debating on what to do with them.

Well, I came home from Kwajalein with a pile full of shells.  Most of them kind-of tiny.

I had a ton of raffia (that brown ribbon stuff) and some little strings of light blue ribbon.  I started tying knots and wha-la!

I was also kind-of proud of my purple creation.  Those purple things - or crayons as we called them in Kwaj - are actually sea urchin 'legs'.  Gross when you think about it.

4 comments:

-H- said...

Love your creations!! =:0D
I used all the shells three of us collected and store bought ones for our wedding. ;0}
I use shells for decoration too! I LOVE them!!!!!

monica said...

Those are precious, great thinking! I have some from our 2 trips to Belize, my favorite shell place, I need to do something with them. When we get our little one, we're going to do a beach bathroom. So I guess I'll do it then.

Anonymous said...

Wow those are awesome, very creative.

Terry said...

Well arent we the little crafter! I love those Amber, and will steal a few of your ideas for the new house!