5/1/07

"Jonathan - kill it!"

A week ago I pushed a bunch of wood chips aside, exposed some soil, and planted some seeds. The seeds are starting to grow.

As I bend down to take a closer look, I noticed a big white thing sticking out of the wood chips.

There is no way in heck I was falling for this trick again -- it had to be a snake egg! I bet a snake saw my pile of wood chips and a nice little nest.

I yelled for Jonathan to confirm my finding. Being a typical man he just yelled, "smash it with your trowel!", but I wasn't going near that thing with a 50 foot trowel.

So I went for my nightly walk/run. A half hour later, the white thing was gone. Jonathan had taken care of it, thank goodness.

When I walked back into the house, Jonthan says, "I took care of that golf ball for you". Doh!

5 comments:

monica said...

he he he

Joanne said...

You crack me up! But I'm the exact same way!

Anonymous said...

lol, that is the funniest thing.

Traci said...

Cute story Amber!

Kingmsmn67 said...

Hay I've seen some killer golfballs before so you better watch out for those things.......