5/8/07

It's fun to wake up at 5:15am ...

... if you are waking up for the Minnie Marathon on Sunday, 5/6/07 (wow - cool date - 5 - 6 - 7)!

AMBER CAVENDER / CLERMONT FL / 2:04:39

My goal for the 15K was 2:06 - which would've been 14 minute miles, and I did under that. I was very pleased with myself.

The race started at Animal Kingdom and ended at Epcot.

Mile 1 - This is really hard. I can see the end of the pack. Crap!
Mile 2 - What have I gotten into? I'm never doing a race again.
Mile 3 - *waking up a bit*
Mile 4 - I can see MGM
Mile 5 - I can still see MGM, but I'm not there yet!
Mile 6 - I am inside MGM and kicking some butt!
Mile 7 - Walking towards the Boardwalk and I'm still able to run a little bit
Mile 8 - Inside Epcot - now is the time to pick up the pace
Mile 9 - Where the heck is the finish line? Oh, it's around this nasty corner.

I have the uncanny ability to sprint to the finish line. There was an old lady about 50 yards ahead of me. I managed to finish 1 second behind her. Grrrrr!

It's not every day as an adult you can push yourself to a semi-limit, that's why I find Disney races so enjoyable. Plus I got a super cool Minnie Mouse head medal for finishing on time!

And now the soreness begins. I am fully prepared for old age now. My shins hurt, my lower back is sore and I can barely squat down to go to the bathroom. Good times.

Bring on the 13K in October!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I couldnt do it... not without a nap in the middle. Kudos to you!

Kingmsmn67 said...

I was waiting to read that you pushed the old lady down so you could finish before her....And I too am looking forward to Oct.