1/25/07

Wedding Music

Even though it was just Jonathan and myself, we still did some of the traditional things at our 20 minute wedding ceremony/reception. Together we chose the bride's processional song, our recessional song, and our first dance.

Processional - Pacabe's (something) in Cannon D - more commonly known as "The Christmas Song". If you don't know what I'm talking about, you'd be surprised. You've probably heard this instrumental before, most likely during Christmas time on the radio

**if somebody could give me any tips on posting song clips, that would rock!**

Recessional Song - Jonathan had the fantastic idea of using a poem song from the movie Nightmare Before Christmas. We saw the movie in a theater in 3D in October, heard the song, and though it would be perfect! It's the song at the end of the movie when Sally and Jack realize that they were meant to be. The song/poem's lyrics are as follows:

My dearest friend, if you don't mind,
I'd like to join you by your side.
Where we can gaze into the stars,
And sit together, now and forever.
For it is plain, as anyone can see,
We're simply meant to be.

First dance - Dancing Cheek to Cheek, by Frank Sinatra (did I spell 'cheek' right?). It's a little too fast for a slow dance, but we both have 2 left feet, so we weren't going to be graceful regardless. The store behind that song choice is a while ago (maybe 2+ years ago), Jonathan (for no apparent reason) grabbed me and sang that song to me as we danced around the room, for about 10 seconds.

Isn't he just the cutest?!? I'm sure he's trilled that I shared that story.

7 comments:

Kingmsmn67 said...

I love that idea of the song from Nightmare........

Joanne said...

Awwww...that's a great story with the Frank Sinatra song....so sweet! Aawwww!

monica said...

Those are all perfect choices it seems. How sweet~ He's a keeper for sure! Glad you got to pick even those details too, that makes it all the more special.

Anonymous said...

Jonathon is just the cutest.

Traci said...

I agree, he's a keeper!!

Terry said...

that is sweet about the dance and i love the nightmare poem/song....why do i have a feeling that is what emily will pick someday!!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to get more insight on your wedding ceremony!!!!! Awwwwwwwww-!!!!!!! I'm loving it!!!

GREAT music/song choices!!!!!!!!! =:0D