9/12/10

DIY cardigan

Ok - this scared me. Here I have a perfectly good sweater, but I'm going to cut it and make it a cardigan (b/c that what I need ... more cardigans!)

This Gap sweater is cute, but it just doesn't fit me right. It's a kids sweater (I have no boobs), but the shoulders are just awkward.

Step 1: I cut a 1" strip straight down the middle.
Step 2: I cut the sleeves 1/2 off
Step 3: I cut the neckline into a V
Step 4: Hem everything (pain!!!)
Step 5: Turn that 1" strip of fabric into a wacky looking flower. Notice before the sweater had a cute little heart on it. I covered it up with my wacky flower.
Step 6: I sewed a button hole! I was very proud of myself for this. I had never attempted a button hole before. It was kind-of a pain (especially using sweater material), but it worked!

Ta-da! Instant cardigan!

No comments: