1/8/10

Universal Studios

Bart: Cool! Personalized plates. Barclay... Barry... Bert... Bort!? Aw, c'mon! Bort?
Little Boy: Mommy, Mommy! Buy me a license plate!
Mother: No! Come along, Bort.
Man: Are you talking to me?
Mom: No, my son is also named Bort.

PA Announcer: We need more Bort license plates in the Gift Shop. Repeat, we are sold out of Bort license plates.

(a couple of my favorite quotes from the Itchy and Stratchyland Simpsons episode)

I wonder if the Bort nametags were actually sold out (I would've totally bought one!!!), or if they are ALWAYS sold out to go along with that famous scene from the episode? Hmmmm ...

A couple weeks ago Jonathan and I went to Universal Studios (free tickets from my friend Monica - yay Monica!)

I took 2 dramamines and made Jonathan go on the Simpsons Ride with me. That will probably be the last time I go on that ride. Normally my stomach can't handle simulators, and this one is super duper bumpy.

As you can tell from the photo ... it was a very crowded day at Universal ...

Here is a crappy quality YouTube video of Bort ... classic:

2 comments:

monica said...

Glad you had fun, we're working towards tickets again. Hope to use 'em in September @ Islands of Adventure, just to see it - we've never been.

Amber said...

Me too! We've got one already.

Maybe we can go together in September. We want to see the new Harry Potter land.