1/10/10

Wish me luck!

So if you're reading this at 4:30am on Sunday, then you're inside and I'm outside waiting for the Disney marathon to start.

I signed up about a month and a half ago on a whim. I've done it before (and it was super hard!!!), but I kept thinking, "can I do it again?" It's not every day that you are able to push yourself to the extreme and accomplish a goal. It's a pretty cool feeling to say, "heck yeah - I did this!" Well, hopefully I can say that again tomorrow.

I'm scared to death and really nervous, because you have to keep up a certain pace, otherwise they remove you from the course. I'm not out to set any land speed records, I just want to finish on time ... and get that awesome Mickey Mouse metal!

So, wish me luck! Hopefully this afternoon I'll be back with some photos. I plan on 'running' with my digital camera. (I use the word 'running' very loosely. There will be much, much, MUCH more walking than running.) Although my stupid camera batteries die so quickly. I'll probably get 3 or 4 photos taken before they die. Then I'll have to lug my stupid camera with me for another 15 miles. Stupid batteries!

1 comment:

monica said...

I had NO idea you were doing this. You've kept it a secret. It's 8:49AM and I'm gonna say a prayer for you right now! You're the woman, you can do it. (are you crazy?) Andy said the 1/2 marathon was the hardest thing ever and he couldn't have imagined finishing it, then running the same distance again. Yikes~ Plus without really getting ready. You rock!! You show 'em anyone can do what they set their mind too. I have a high school friend down there too, she did the 1/2 yesterday and is doing the full today too. Yall are nuts, I admire you!!