5/3/09

Top 5 Horror Movies

I'm a horror movie fan.  They scare the bejesus out of me, and I typically have nightmares, but I love them anyway.  I try to watch them every chance I get, which isn't too often because Jonathan is not a fan.

In no particular order, here are 5 horror movies I highly recommend:

1.  Saw (the original) - It's not super scary or your typical "horror" movie.  It's more suspenseful and it's a fantastic story.  Seriously, there is a genuine plot and everything!  And I guaranteed you won't be able to guess the ending.

2.  The Hills Have Eyes - I think this was a remake, which is normally grounds for "booooo!".  Although, I never saw the original, so I didn't care.  This movie is boarderline lame and boarderlione awesome!  For me, I thought it was awesome!  Typically the people dying in horror movies are lame people you don't care about, but this movie did a great job on getting to know the characters.  I actually felt really sad when certain people were killed.

3.  High Tension - I haven't met anybody else who has seen this movie, and I can't believe it.  It's another movie where the ending was a total shock.  I ALWAYS recommend this movie.  It's pretty gory, but it's a great horror flick.

4.  Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the remake) - I'm not sure why, but this movie scares the pants off me.  There's not much of a story (crazy guy with a chainsaw is after a bunch of teens), but I still thought it was a great!

5.  Vacancy - This was also more "triller" than horror, but it's still giving me nightmares, and I saw it about 2 months ago.  Again, you get to meet the characters and feel for them.  And the situation seems to real, that made it extra scary!

Honorable Mention:

Final Destination (1) - I love this movie.  I think it's so scary because people are dying by every day objects (like a bathroom floor or a bus).  After I watch it, I'm afraid to get off the couch, because I know anything can kill you.  It's a creepy feeling.  And this is the only movie that made me scream out-loud in theaters.  Watch out for that bus!

Hostel - Seriously, I saw this movie about 3 years ago, and it's still burned in my brain.  It should've been rated XXX (for various reasons).  It was so disturbing.  But I've got to hand it to the writers, it was a creative idea.  I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I'm terrified to see Hostel 2.  I don't think I'll ever see it, even though I'm curious (because the kid who survives the first movie is back for the sequel)

1 comment:

lindsay said...

Amber, you crack me up! I forgot how funny you were when it came to the horror movies. You were always the one who loved the gore and I was the one who liked the supernatural stuff. My brother has seen all the of the movies you mentioned and he advised against me watched all of them. He is into those like you are. He doesn't get disturbed much by movies, but he said the Hills Have Eyes 2 was even more disturbing than the first one. Thought you might want to check that one out and you can let me know if you share his opinion. Two movies that stuck with me and I can never watch again Jeepers Creepers and Wrong Turn. Did you ever see those? If so, what did you think? Lindsay