5/28/09

Stanley Park



My favorite part of Vancouver (besides the pizza slice I bought for only $1.25 - it was delicious!!!) was Stanley Park.

The Park is over 1000 acres. There is a totem pole area (I guess totem poles are big business up in British Columbia and Alaska), a huge rose garden, many other gardens, beaches, lawn bowling (what ever that is) and other things. It's named Stanley Park after the same guy that the Stanley Cup in hockey is named after.

Overall Vancouver was a very pretty city.  The day we were there, it was very sunny and warm.  However, I guess it rains A LOT there, which sounds pretty dreary to me.  One of our tour guides said that 20% of Vancouver-ians are millionaires.  So, even though Jonathan wants to pack up and move there (city water is free and health care is free - plus there is hockey!!), I'm going to try to convince him to stay in sunny Florida.

No comments: