1/10/09

The coolest Christmas present ...

... besides the Wii Fit I mean.

Jonathan's brother is a Captain in the Army.  He graduated from West Point, so he 'had' to serve for 5 years.  His 5 years are over in May.

So, before he left the Army, I asked for a "Howald" name patch.  You know, like the name patches on every Army uniform.  I figured I'd better ask now, before he can't get them anymore.

So on Christmas morning he hands me this large gift bag, and it's heavy.  I thought, "shoot - he bought me something when I didn't buy him anything.  Now I feel like a jerk!  All I wanted was a free patch!".

Inside the bag was a FULL Army camouflage uniform!  It's one he wore during his first tour in Iraq.  The coolest part about the uniform is the hat (which I'm fashionably wearing in the photo), complete with name patch.  The front of the hat has the little Army symbol for 'captain'.

The army shirt is covered in patches also.  And the camo pants even fit me!  It's super cool!

2 comments:

monica said...

I noticed that in this picture somewhere else. If I said this story already, ignore me, my brain is mushy. I wore Andy's hat like that to school on hat day. (They were a beret now) One teacher said something about, "hey- you're hat has your name on it" I'm thinking WHAT is she talking about??? I take it off and look and ohhhhhh yeah, so it does. :) That's cool though that he wore it there and it all fits ya. Good idea he had!!

Terry said...

Amber that is the coolest darn gift I've ever seen. You BIL did good!!!