10/23/08

Look who I ran into at the Rays game!

Please excuse the silly look on my face - but I met an ESPN celebrity at the Rays game on 10/18/08.

It's Tim Kurkjian (pronouced Ker-chin) - an ESPN baseball analyst.

He was just wandering around the 300 level.  I saw some guy shake his hand and I thought, "that guy looks familiar?!?"

I told Jonathan that I found Lee Corso!  Wait, that's the old guy on College Game Day.  It's Karl Ravich!  Actually, no - it was Tim Kurkjian.  Thankfully Jonathan knew his name.  I knew he was familiar, but I couldn't get my ESPN guys straight in my head.

We walked behind him for about 4 minutes until practically nobody else was around.  I said, "excuse me Mr. Kurkjian?" and he turned around.

I asked if I could get a photo taken with him, and he was so nice!  He said, "sure!".  Then he shook Jonathan's hand and my hand.

Take note that I am about 5' tall.  Which means Tim Kurkjian is only about 5'5".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't watch enough baseball on TV to recognize anyone.

You guys meet a lot of famous folks!

Kingmsmn67 said...

Timmy

I :love: the sound bite they use on Mike and Mike for him

Terry said...

Amber you look so excited, how cute!