10/13/08

Feel the heat ... Rays!

Last Friday Jonathan and I went to the opening game of the American League Championship Series (fancy word for - winner goes to the World Series).

We won tickets on ebay.  Even though we paid 400% over the normal price, it was still worth it.  It was a fun game ... even though the Rays lost.  They didn't even score a run!

I got to show off my 44cents Rays t-shirt I bought at a thrift store in Illinois.

The game started at 8:36pm.  Over around 12:15am.  Home by 2:30am!

I hope the Rays can beat Boston, make it to the World Series, and maybe I can buy more tickets.  This time, hopefully, at normal price.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha normal priced World series tickets... you are so cute!

Amber said...

Hey - it could happen!

The Rays are going a random lotto for their tickets. Jonathan and I both signed up.

I actually 'won' the lotto for games 1, 2 and 5 of the first series. We were going out of town for games 1 and 2, and there was no game 5.

I'm feeling lucky again!!!