1/25/08

Cruise report - day 3

Our first official day at sea. It was also our scheduled day for the Character Breakfast. Unlike WDW character breakfasts, the characters just danced in the middle of the room off and on. They don't visit your individual table. Since I really enjoy the breakfast buffett, I wasn't very excited about a sit down breakfast - and I was right. It was just "blah" for me. Our servers did make 'lovely' headgear for us (I can't belive I'm posting this photo - it's awful!).




After breakfast was watched Enchanted in the main theater. It was still funny the 2nd time. For the rest of the cruise we kept quoting Pip (the chimpunk) as he was pretending to be the evil hag. "Apple?" "No thanks" "It's gooooood!" Minnie Mouse (very randomly) joined us for the movie!



After that I have no clue what we did. We probably watched more movies. We probably walked around deck 4. We also sat down to read on the cushy deck 4 chairs.

Oh - I remember what we did. After breakfast was the Castaway Club get together. We both think we are cool b/c we're in the Castaway Club (for people who have taken a Disney Cruise before). There was a little scavenger hunt for people who have taken more than 10 Disney Cruises. We found Ralph and Mary Ellen who are on cruise #27. Pretty impressive - especially since Disney Cruise has only been operating for 10 years!


The dinner was 'formal night', which we weren't prepared for at all. A lot of guys had tuxes on - while we wore just some regular clothes (like you would wear to church - not black tie affair). All the characters were dresses up in their finest though. It was fun.






Towel animal of the day: Scary lobster!

1 comment:

monica said...

We loved all the stuff you get for being in Castaway Club. We got goodies the first night when we got our room and then at the party too. Good times! Oh .. they had those Mickey rice crispy treats I love so much at the reception. Boy do I love those things!