10/3/06

Top 10 scary movies

I love horror movies! I might go as far as to say that it's my favorite movie genre (although action and comedy are both high on my list).

Honorable mention:
Se7en - not super scary, but one of the few movies that I actually screamed out loud at the movie theater (during the scene with the guy and all those air fresheners)
Saw - not so much scary, but what a great plot!

10. Cabin Fever - again, not terrifying, but there are some distrubing scenes. This movie didn't get a not of playing time in the theater, but I absolutely loved it!
9. Wrong Turn - you can't go wrong with a bunch of inbread hicks from the south.
8. Candyman - good old fashioned Chicago movie
7. The Ring - I think it was only scary because I sleep next to a TV, so I couldn't really sleep that night.
6. Jaws - the ocean still scares me!
5. Aminityville Horror (2005) - I honesly can't remember why this movie scared me, but I remember that I left the theater scared.
4. House of 1000 courpes - classic!
3. The Hills Have Eyes - more inbread hicks, but this time from Arizona. I can't wait for the sequel.
2. High Tension - scary and a great plot twist at the end!

And there is a tie for the number 1 spot . . .

1. Hostel - still freaks me out for this day. The images in this movie will haunt you for life.
1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2005) - The next installment comes out on Friday!

So, who agrees with me? Or who has something I missed? Bring it on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm scared! Just reading your list of movies and looking at those scary posters... I'm scared!! x0o

I just can't watch scary movies, because they are scary & I'm scared! Does that make sense? :0D

monica said...

I had so many comments that I posted my own list!

Check it out!

Amber said...

I can't see my picturs anymore. Nuts!

Amber said...

Is that from the early 90s? I don't think so ...