6/9/06

Hello from MO!

MO = Missouri

We (Jonathan and I) arrived in St. Louis around 9:15pm, and got to Jonthan's family's house around 11pm. I did a little experiment with myself on the plane, I didn't take dramamine and only used the Sea Bands (that my mom swears by). Normally I use both on planes. My experiment didn't work out so well ... I got totally sick.

But that's over now, let the vacation begin!!!

Since we flew Southwest we didn't have assigned seats. As we boarded (is that a word??) the plane, there were no 2 seats together. I sat next to some teenagers. A girl let me borrow her book called "Size 12 is Not Fat". I read 1/2 of it, and it was a really good book. I want to look up the author on line and find a library and find out what happens in the end. It was kind-of a teenage-y book, but those are the best kind - fast reading.

I'm not sure what Jonathan's parents have planned for us this weekend, but I hope seeing the movie Cars in in the works. That's #3 on my "summer movie watch" list.

10 comments:

monica said...

Ohhh, sorry you felt yucky. There's nothing worse than that. I get carsick (sometimes motion sick on rides), I feel your pain. I watched a "myth busters" last week about sea/car/motion sickness. They dis-proved all treatments other than actual medicine. (I guess I shoulda shared that before you tried just the arm band do hickey) Have tons of fun and enjoy your time away from home! Hope ya get to see "Cars" while your there!

Traci said...

Those sea bands did not work for my morning sickness either and my doctor swore by them. Blah!

I'm so sorry you got sick Amber. I witnessed you sick before, and it's not a fun thing.

I hope you have a great time at Jonathan's parents place! Check out the St. Louis Arch, it really is a neat thing!!!

Anonymous said...

Last time we went to St Louis, it was 95, and there was a gov't shut down, so the Arch was closed... I live 6 hours away, and never been to the arch.

Amber... you could still come up tonight and fly out to CA tomorrow :)

It's not a CA trip without sleeping with Amber.

Unknown said...

Wait....you mean you really were going to Missouri?!?!?! I thought it was all a ploy to trick us until you two snuck up on us at Disneyland!!!!
;)

Larilyn said...

Hey, we have no PROOF that she is in MO. She could be making a "red herring" post. ;)

Unknown said...

crap....you're right. :)

Larilyn said...

I'm going to be walking around DL all weekend...."Ammmmmmbeeeer, come out, come out, where ever you are!" ;)

Amber said...

You guys are funny! Yes, I REALLY am in Missouri. I thought MO was a prairie state like Illinois ... but NO! It's full of hills and valleys. We drove around all day yesterday touring the local area, and I got totally car sick again. I'm having a *blast* so far - ha!

Say "hi" to California for me!

Larilyn said...

I think I saw you duck into a store today. You have to do better than that if you're going to hide from us. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, hello-! you two from MO! :0)

But today is already Sunday, so I guess you guys are already back in town, or on the way back to Orlando...? Anyhow, I hope you had a great time! I watched Cars yesterday, and oh-my!, I cried a lot during that movie... Emotional stuff! x*0}

Um, did Jonathan's parents forced you guys to get married or something in MO over this weekend...? ;0>

Amber! I tried the tamed Mission Space yesterday, and hey, it's all good! I bet you won't get sick on that modified one! Make sure you get a green ticket and follow the entrance that says Green! The orange ticket is for the Spinning INTENSE one! x0]