7/3/10

Go Cubs go!

Our last baseball game was a noon-er in Chicago. We had to leave Detroit at the crack of dawn in order to be in Chicago by 11am. We all wanted plenty of time to walk around Wrigley and take it all in.

I had been to Wrigley Field over 10 times, but I hadn't been there since 1998. Jonathan had never been there. The stadium is over 95 years old, so it's a pretty special place full of history.

We had rockin' seats in section 216. We were under the overhang, so we were in the full shade. I could see everything except 2nd base, thanks to those famous Wrigley Field poles.

The Cubs pitcher had a no hitter going into the 7th inning ... but no hitters are boring. Bring on the runs!

The Cubs beat the Reds 3-1. Queue the music: "Go Cubs go ... go Cubs go ... hey Chicago, what'd you say? The Cubs are gonna win today."

I am officially exhausted and pretty darn dizzy from the bus ride. I haven't gotten sick all trip, so I'm pretty proud of myself. So I'm sitting here in a Milwaukee hotel, trying to recover.

What am I doing in the hotel ... watching baseball of course!!! The Brewers are crushing the Cardinals.

No comments: