3/28/09

The Rendezvous

I really have a hard time spelling the word "Rendezvous".

Every since I met Jonathan, he's been talking about this ribs place in Memphis called the Rendezvous. In fact, his entire family always talked about it. I guess their great uncle used to have some connections, so even though there would be a 3 hour line to get in (seriously - who wants 3 hours to eat?!?), there would always be room for Jonathan's family.

As you can see from the photos, this place is in an ally. And not a "ally made to look nice because there is a restaurant there", it's just a dirty old ally.

It was a really cool place inside. It had junk all over the wall - I think it was all the owners collectables. There were photos of past presidents who had dined there, including senator (at the time) Obama.

Since *gasp*, I'm not a huge fan of ribs, I ordered a pulled pork sandwich. It was delicious!!!!

So if you're ever in Memphis and want to eat at a "classic Memphis establishment", find the Peabody hotel, then walk down the ally directly in front of it. Also, get there before 5pm (like we did), otherwise, be prepared to wait it out.

4 comments:

monica said...

Don't like ribs, you're so NOT a southern gal ;)

Kingmsmn67 said...

I ate there once.....must be about 10 to 15 years ago now....and it was Great

Anonymous said...

mmmm Ribs!!! Scott has me keep a list in my phone under restaurants, "don't like the ribs, good ribs, great ribs"

-H- said...

That purple is your color!!! I love that color on you!!