3/24/09

Go Grizz!

In February, we flew to Memphis for a quick 3 day weekend.  Jonathan's mom has 5 cousins there, and they all have kids in their early to mid 20's.  So there are a ton of relatives there, most of whom I have never met.

The cousin we stayed with works for FedEx (which is huge in Memphis), so I was secretly hoping he would score some free tickets to a Memphis Grizzlies basketball game.  The Grizzlies stadiums is called the FedEx Forum for crying out loud!

Well, he did not disappoint.  We got "player" tickets!!!  

Granted, I was secretly hoping to sit in the FedEx luxury suite (if that even exists - I'm guessing it does), but these tickets were still awesome.

We sat behind the lower section, in some folding chairs. It was actually the handicapped section. For the 2nd quarter the cheerleaders were standing behind us (literally RIGHT behind us). The 2 unmarried guys really enjoyed that (but not Jonathan ... right!?!?)

Isn't the 'woman' bathroom sign cute? I guess Memphis is the home of the blues, or Elvis, or something musical. I obviously need a Memphis history lesson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha I'm sure Jonathon didn't notice the cheerleaders... rriiiiiight.