11/25/08

YouTube Tuesdays

I don't really expect anybody to watch this (it's a really long clip_, but it was the greatest sporting event I've ever been to.


The details are kind-of fuzzy, but back in 2002 I saw the Bears vs. Browns.  The Browns were just dominating the entire game.

Midway thru the 3rd quarter, pretty much every fan had left Soldier Field.

If I remember correctly, the Bears scored a pretty meaningless touchdown with about 1 minute to play.  There were down by 7.  Being down by 7 isn't getting crushed, but you weren't at this game.  It was a crushing.  The Browns should've been up by about 100.

So the Bears, of course, try for the onside kick ... and they get it!  Hey, they could tie this thing.
With 0 time on the clock, they tie it!  It was some miraculous catch, and it was insane!

Then, at the opening kick off of OT, they scored again.  I can't remember who or why, but it was another crazy play.  I think it was an interception and a run back.

Either way, the Bears scored 21 points in about 1 1/2 minutes.  It was just nuts.

All 1000 fans that were left at the game were jumping up and down and screaming.  Seriously, we walked out of our seats screaming and high fiving everybody.  Walking out to our car, everybody is still screaming and high fiving everybody.

It was just a crazy atmosphere, and I'll never ever forget it.  I still have newspaper clipping from this game.

Let this be a lesson - never, EVER leave a sporting event early.  You never know if you'll see something miraculous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that game. That was also the year we met Mike Brown - he had some awesome interceptions!

We went 13 - 3, lost in the playoffs to the eagles.

Although the cool thing, during that game I met some people!