11/20/08

Jackpot at the thrift store

In Illinois, one of my favorite things to do is go to the thrift stores.

I've found some great stuff there, from Empire Strikes Back bed sheets, to Victoria Secret PJ bottoms (which I'm wearing right now).
Now, I've had this Chicago Bears hat forever.  I'm assuming I stole it from my brother.  I'm guessing it's from the 80s or early 90s.

When Julie and I hit the thrift stores in early October, I went right to the bed sheet section.  I was hoping to find some retro looking sheets, that I could turn into a skirt or something.
I found his scarf in the bed sheet section.  I saw the orange and blue and I thought, "this could be a cool Bears scarf".

Then I picked it up, flipped it around and notice the patch.  I almost peed my pants.  It's the same stupid Bears patch!!!  

It's a set, and I found it 10+ years later.  I couldn't believe it.  It's a miracle!

2 comments:

Terry said...

amber that is a cool find...very sweet.

Anonymous said...

And I live in Illinois, never seen it! that is so very cool you were able to find the 'twin'