6/22/08

I like it hot, hot, hot - NOT!

So yesterday morning, I take 1 hour out of my day to make lasagna from scratch.  It wasn't impossible or hard, but it was a little time consuming and messy.

Then, at 5pm, I turn on the oven to preheat.  The oven knob kind-of hangs there, limp, like a piece of skin that's about to fall off (I couldn't think of a better image - ok, a piece of orange rind that's about to fall off). 

I'm thinking, "this isn't normal".  Then I twist the knob to OFF.  Nothing - the oven is still on.  Now I'm mini-panicing.  I CAN'T TURN THE OVEN OFF.  I rotate the knob 360 degrees, a couple times.  Nothing.

After about 1/2 hour of unscrewing the front panel of the stove/oven, thankfully we located the problem.  It was a tiny loose screw.  We tightened the screw, and then the oven was able to be turned off.

Sounds simple enough huh?  The problem was, THE OVEN WAS ON FULL BLAST THIS ENTIRE TIME.  We were taking the face plate off the oven while being blasted with 400 degree heat.  I had a nice glow about me when we were done.  Thankfully, about 2/3 of the way done, I was able to fidget with the knob to get the oven turned off.  So we could put the oven back together with out being blasted.

Then we went out for pizza.

We'll try to eat the lasagna again tonight ...

4 comments:

Terry said...

LOL, see why you stay out of the kitchen! I blow up my oven, you burn yours up...what's next!!!

monica said...

"I had a nice glow about me when I was DONE".. Was that DONE on purpose? LOL LOL .. I so relate to kitchen crazies, thus my grease problem from flying (seriously) and frying pieces of ham. Ugh.... Cooking, it looks so easy on TV. And.. Lasagna from scratch is good stuff, thankfully not terribly complicated, I agree. Good luck on your next adventure with it!

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you're in FLA, where it's not so warm lol ;)

Jaclyn said...

This will teach you not to cook! Reminds me of the time my oven took my food hostage...I had just put food in it, then it inexplicably locked and went into clean mode. Yikes!