2/16/07

RIP - my cell phone

Jonathan and I signed up for a 'family plan'. This meant "goodbye my phone company (Sprint - you were good to me)" and "hello Verizon!"
Every 2 years Jonathan receives $100 from Verizon to upgrade phones. Lucky for us, they had RazR phones on sale for $50. Free phones for us!
I now have text messaging (which I will never use b/c I'm too cheap), a camera phone, camera video, internet access (which I'm not paying for), I think some music thing, and the most important thing ... RING TONES!!!
My old phone just rang. Now I have over 1000 ring tones to choose from. I spend a solid hour my first day playing with them.
I was hoping the Jurassic Park theme song would be cool, but it wasn't the Bum-bum, bum-bum song. It was the do-do doooooo part. Nuts.
But I found a winner - Bear Down, Chicago Bears!!! Awesome!!!
I will miss my old phone. I lovinly called it "my '80s phone". Actually I think it's from 1999. If you've ever seen the Arnold Schwartzeneger movie Collateral Damage (admit it - nobody's seen it but me), they use my old phone to trigger bombs.
Goodbye old friend!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

now i can't make fun of you for it anymore.
may your old voice mail r.i.p.:
"leave me a message because I don't have caller id" :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for letting your cell phone go! I was SO close enough to convince Jonathan to "accidentally" run over your cell phone with his car! ;0D

Anonymous said...

I know - I actually HAVE caller ID now!

-Amber :0)

Anonymous said...

Bear Down Chicago Bears! Good one!

And I agree.. I will miss "leave me a message because I don't have caller ID"

Same number?

Anonymous said...

oh and not only have I seen it, but I own collateral damage.

Anonymous said...

Well Amber, since you now have a caller id, please do answer the phone when I call you... In other words, don't screen my calls! hehehe... >;0D

Anonymous said...

I do have the same phone number. Which totally shocked me - since I switched phone companies.

-Amber :0)

Traci said...

Cool! Verizon! We could call each other for free!!

My boss still has the Motorola
Star Tac flip phone. He'll never change his phone!

Anonymous said...

I think that's what I had. It was a Star Tac. Groovy!

-Amber :0)

Anonymous said...

I'm Free Too!!!