12/23/06

The 20 Days of Christmas - question #16 & #17

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I always enjoyed my family's tradition of purchasing a live tree on Christmas Eve and decorating it that evening. Even when my dad broke down and bought a fake tree, we would still always put it on on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing - it's just a branch sticking up. I was never a fan of any store bought angel or star. Maybe eventually I'll find one that I like. At work we have an electronic Mickey who is hanging on to the tree with 1 hand and ringing a bell with his other hand. It's pretty cool.

Edit: Happy 1 year anniversary to my blog!!! It was 1 year ago today that I was sitting home by myself, bored to death b/c Jonathan was in Missouri for Christmas, debating on whether to go to Walmart or watch Jurassic Park (JP won). Congrats blog - you are 1 year old today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Amber's 1year old Blog!!! =:0D

This year, we got our tree out and decorated it the day after Thanksgiving. I think that was our first time ever to get our tree ready that early! No light out side this year.

We topped our tree with an interesting looking thing Mike brought home from the property control. It's not a flashy, regular looking tree topper. It's a woven Mickey head thing(kind of like a wreath) in classy wine red, dark green and soft gold tones. It goes well with our tree, and we like it a lot! ;0)