9/17/06

Guitar Hero

This morning I went to Walmart with Jonathan. He was getting an oil change. Unfortunatly the wait time was 2.5 hours!

As we strolled around the huge store looking at random stuff, luck was on my side. What was the Playstation 2 game available for testing? Guitar Hero!!!

I was introduced to this game at my friend Julie's house this summer. It's so much fun! It's very similar to Dance Dance Revolution, but you use a guitar instead of a dance matt. The game is the ultimate test of your hand eye coordination. As you see 1 of 5 colors on the screen, you have to press that color button on the guitar, and 'strum' the guitar at the same time. And, all the songs on the game are 'real' song. My favorite is More Than a Feeling by Boston.

I'm debating on buying the game (when it becomes a PS2 greatest hit for $20!), but the only problem is that my little hands can't reach all the colored buttons at the same time, so I'll never be able to master the game.

6 comments:

monica said...

Fun! Andy's brother has a bongo drum one kinda like that. It's sooooo fun! It's real songs too. It has color coded stuff on the screen and you play right hand/left hand/both or clap. It can go super fast, I do the slow games. We have a ball when we play it. We need a PS2 or game cube though. There's a new golf game out too, with a club & ball that looks fun!!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious

Unknown said...

I love guitar hero!!! I've had it for about a year now. The second one is suppose to be out before Christmas. I saw the song list and there are some great songs....including Sweet Child O Mine!!!!
And Amber...I don't know anybody that can easily reach all the buttons. I can only do a couple of the easier songs on the hardest level.
I mean...what? video games? huh? :p

Anonymous said...

Awww, too cute! Yay! for little hands! :0D

Amber said...

You go L1!!!

Traci said...

How fun! Must play this game.