7/4/06

Yo ho, yo ho ...

... I rode the "new" Pirates of the Caribbean ride at WDW on Saturday!

Let me preface this with my intense worry when I heard that they were making changes. I didn't like the fact that Disney was getting "hip" and adding elements from the Pirates movies into their ride. The charm of Disney is that it's timeless.

Thankfully they didn't change much!

The coolest change is a 'waterfall' with a reflection of Davy Jones at the beginning. Your boat goes straight thru his face on your way into Pirate land.

One bummer is that they took out that talking skull head that says, "dead men tell no tales". Or, maybe because I went during 'soft opening' they were putting him back in.

Thruout the ride, the only changes were Capt. Barbosa on that giant pirate ship (very realistic looking), and 2 or 3 Capt. Jack Sparrow's. The Jack Sparrows were really realistic looking! You know how his body language is really fluid yet jerky? They captured that in the animatonics.

My only complaint (besides skull head being missing) is the ending scene. It's Jack in the 'booty' (ha ha - treasure) room. But they took out lots of the treasure; the room doesn't look as elaborate as before.

Best part of the ride - only 10 minute wait time!!!

5 comments:

monica said...

Glad they didn't change too much, I agree with the "timeless" part!!

Anonymous said...

NEAT!!!!!!!!!! =:0D

Traci said...

Still have not been on the Disneyland one since it re-opened.

Anonymous said...

I was so scared they'd screw it up... really really scared they'd totally ruin it. Pirates has always been my favorite ride. It just seemed so "vintage walt"

It was closed in March at WDW and June in DL... Luckily we can see it in August when Scott and I go. A L O N E that is going to be cool.

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»