7/10/06

Summer Movies: 4 down, 1 to do

I finally saw Pirates 2 on Sunday (I had to wait 2 whole days!). We got tho the theater 1 hour early, so we got a great middle seat for the sold out show.

Like all middle movies of great trillogies (Empire Strikes Back, Back to the Future 2), this movie was all about plot, plot, and more plot. It just kept bringing up stuff, trying to tie the first movie into the 3rd installment.

I was sad at myself for being annoyed w/ Jack Sparrow's craziness at the very beginning. And it was way too long, but I still enjoyed it.

I was confused (but when aren't I confused?) about certain plot points. I'm sure after seeing the movie 100x on DVD those will all clear up. And what an AWESOME ending!!!

Great movie quote:
Jack: "Elizabeth (dressed as a man pirate), you should be wearing a beautiful dress or nothing at all. I happen to have no dress in my quarters."

***SPOILER***do you want to know what happens after the credits?
The cannibals are all seen dancing and bowing down to their new god. Who is it you may ask? The jail key dog! He's sitting in the chair, all dressed up as a cannibal god!

4 comments:

monica said...

Oh that's great!!! I was so sad about that too!! I MUST return to see it VERY SOON, just for that!!!

Anonymous said...

Amber, you know my habits! I always stay seated until I see the movie's age ristriction page & screen turns black, now that's way passed the end of credits! I really dislike when people get up right after the last scene of the movie. Distracting my movie experience! BOO! x0P

Traci said...

I should have known better and stayed. After all they did it on the first one.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»