7/29/06

My Best Friend's (brother's) Wedding

(The bride and groom -- no rice throwing, just wave your ribbons around. It sounded strange at first, but it made for some sweet photos)

Otherwise known as "the fanciest wedding I've ever been to". This took place 2 weeks ago in Illinois. Friday night was the rehursal dinner. The church part was Saturday at noon. The reception was Saturday at 6pm (big gap huh?). Sunday we had a post-wedding slip 'n slide party. Monday I went IKEA and thrift store shopping, then flew home. It was a busy weekend!

Boy, does it make you feel old when your friend's brother (who was about 5 year old when you first met him) gets married.
(my brother and I at the rehursal (sp?) dinner)

The church part was nice (in a church full of stain glass windows), but the reception rocked! The room was a 1/2 circle, with the curve of the circle being all glass. When they were announcing the bridal party all the shades went down. And when it was time for the bride and groom to arrive, all the shades slowly started going up, and you could see them walking around outside the building. Pretty cool.

For some reason I didn't take many pictures of the wedding ... but enjoy!
(I'll embarrass my friend, and host for the weekend, Julie. "Snap into a Slim Jim! Oh yeah!")

2 comments:

monica said...

Looks like good times-

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Great photos! :0D
I like 'the ribbon stick' too!!! What a great idea!!! :0D

Your brother looks adorable!!!!!!!!! Awwwwwwwww~! :0}

...you mean, 'rehearsal'? ;0) hehe...

Wedding related topic:
Thank you SO MUCH for coming to my wedding last night! =:*0D I hope you had a great time! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo