12/26/05

Happy day after Christmas

Otherwise known as DISCOUNT SHOPPING DAY! I bought some great stuff (including clothes for myself - not very Christmasy huh?) at Target for only $1.18 (ok, I cheated b/c I had a $25 gift card) and only $16 at Walmart (I bought 16 things!). Now I need to sit back and wait for next weekend when 50% changed to 75% off!

This is my 4th day off in a row. Now that I think about it, that's never ever happened to me before. Normally I only take days off when I'm going on a vacation, or somebody is visiting me in Florida. I figured I would be horribly bored, all by myself for 4 days (since my boyfriend is in Missouri), but the time has actually flown by! I'm kind-of bummed to go back to work tomorrow. (And the first day of the week is always sooooooo busy at work; it's not fun to look forward to).

Last night (Christmas day) I enjoyed a good meal at a friend's house and a victory by the Chicago Bears! I felt kind-of bad, b/c I forced her and her other friends to watch football. I also ate Thanksgiving dinner at her house, and had tourtured them with 2 football games. I'll never be invited back there again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, you will always be welcome to come to Illinois, eat too much and watch all the football you want with me! Especially when the Bears are beating the crap out of the Packers.

Anonymous said...

It was fine! I didn't mind watching TV with you. My mind was more on that standing roast steak thing we ate... Simply YUM!!!!! =:09*****