4/3/10

"Short people got no reason ..."

Seriously, who wrote that song, and what's it all about?

I'm pretty short. I've been short all my life. To be honest, I don't think I'm short at all, since I've never known any thing different. It's only when I see photos of myself with a group of people I think, "holy cow, I look ridiculous!"

<-- I'm the ridiculous looking one!

Anyway, there are many perks to being short:

1. Airplane seats are comfortable.

2. More airplane perks, I can put my tray table down, and take a nap on it.

3. Need sombody to crawl behind the washing maching to get something ... I'm your girl.

4. I can fit my hand inside a Pringles can.

5. At sporting events, I don't have to stand up when you want to walk past me, I just lean back and you can fit around my legs.

6. Middle seats in cars aren't uncomfortable.

7. Back to airplanes. You know the emergency exit row? I can (seriously) stretch my legs straight out and NOT reach the seat in front of me.

8. Need somebody to crawl under the desk at work and plug or unplug somebody? No problem.

9. Shortness almost always equals cuteness.

10. You can always hem your pants. Adding more fabric to pants because you're too tall is way trickier.

11. I don't fall down. Ever. I never trip and fall. I'll trip and stumble a little. I'll even slip on something wet. But I never, ever fall. (I realize I'm totally jinxing myself by writing this). I think it's because I'm lower to the ground.

Come on short people ... who's got more reasons why being short is awesome?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is very inspirational. nice blog. Lot of people look at short guys as different. Your tips are amazing. I think now every short guy will be proud of his height.