9/17/09

D23

Ok – I admit it. I had a BLAST at the D23 Expo in California.

If you haven’t heard of D23, it’s an official fan club that Disney started this year. There are tons of unofficial fan clubs out there, but this is the first one run by Disney. The very first day they announced it, Jonathan signed up. And the very first day they announced they were having a convention in Anaheim (where Disneyland is), Jonathan bought tickets for all 4 convention days.

Now, I was not excited about a 4 day convention … especially when Disneyland is 2 blocks away. I figured I would go for a couple hours each day with Jonathan, then leave him there and head to the parks on my own.

The convention floor was fairly boring, but the presentations they did were amazing!!! I had such a great time, and the presentations always had a little twist.

For all the big presentations they took away your cameras and cell phones, so you couldn’t take any pictures or video anything. They were always showing us clips of movies and ‘never before seen footage’ of stuff, so video taping was especially forbidden.

The hour long lines were kind-of a bummer, but it always seemed to be worth it at the end.

Specifics about the presentations and photos to come … stay tuned!

No comments: