4/9/09

My shelving project

Our house has this weird (but cool) mini hallway between the living room and the master bedroom.

It's actually about 4' deep (the red area). The reason it's there is to create a cave for our TV (which looks so tiny in the cave).

I actually recently put up come crown molding around the door frame. I still need to frame out the TV, or do something!

Anyway, I recently bought 1 piece of wood, cut it with my miter (mitre?) box and hung it up using little metal do-dads. The metal do-dads are actually supposed to be used for making the corners of furniture more secure, but I like that they are small and not in your face.

I was super pleased with the outcome of my mini project!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Amber that is a cute little project and really did a lot for that little hallway. Nice job. You know they have these cute little wooden brackets for projects like these, if you want something a little more decorative for other projects. BTW, i love the color of your walls there. I've gotten into color in the FL house, it feels nice for a change.

-H- said...

You handy-woman you! ;) The shelving looks great!! Good work! :)