4/11/09

How to make a pot holder - part 1

I recently got my sewing machine out of the box, and the easiest thing I could think to make was a pot holder.

You will need fabric for the front and back. You can use the same pattern (or solid) for each side, or use coordinating pieces. I used one Christmas print for the front, and a solid color for the back.

I used an old cardboard box to cut out a pattern. You don't have to do this, you can just measure the fabric. My square is 9 inches by 9 inches.


You will also need to purchase batting. I bought this batting at Walmart for under $5.

3 comments:

Terry said...

the first quilt I ever made, I also used a sqaure of carboard for my template. Let me know if you need any fabric...I have TONS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

When did I stumble into a sewing blog?

Amber said...

It won't last forever Kerri ... don't worry!