8/26/08

"Tooner" Field

After a 7 hour drive from Orlando to Atlanta, we dropped off our luggage (at a sexy Red Roof Inn) and headed to Turner Field.  Neither of us have been there before.

Side note - most of our vacations revolve around a baseball game.

Braves vs. Cubs!!!  I was a little scared to wear my Cubs t-shirt.  I didn't want the Braves fans to give me a hard time.  I've been to football games where Bears fans have spit and thrown stuff at people wearing the wrong shirt.  But there were more Cubs fans at the game than Braves fans.

Since Turner (as in Ted Turner) used to own the Braves, they had a HUGE cartoon playland called "Tooner" Field.  Jonathan (who just turned 30) really likes the TV show Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.  And there was a life size replica of the Fosters
 Home!

The blue guy with the Braves hat is "Bloo".  The tall guy with 1 arm is named "Wilt" (as in Wilt Chamberlin - this imaginary friend likes basketball).

Cute, cute, cute!

No comments: