7/13/08

Worst Day Ever!

So when we first bought this house, I planted 3 flowering bushing between our yard and the neighbors yard.  I wanted them to act as a natural fence.

Over 1 year later, and they are still not as big as I would've liked.  I guess I didn't really pay attention when I bought them, but they are obviously sunloving plants, and this is a shady area.

So, after much convincing, Jonathan let me dig them up, and transplant them to the other side of the house.

Digging them up wasn't too challenging, however the 3 plants had morphed into 6!  So now I had 6 mini bushes (they are about 3' tall) to transplant.  My work just doubled!

The first 2 holes I dug were uneventful.  Then hole #3 ... as I'm cramming the shovel into the ground I hear *CLING*.  As I'm praying for it to be a rock, it turns out to be a white pipe.  As I move the dirt around I see a 1" gash in the pipe.  I use the word "crap" a lot, and I run in the house to start running water to see what kind of pipe it was.  Turns out to just be a sprinkler pipe.  Thank goodness!  I can fix that myself (with a lot of elbow grease).

Holes #4 and #5 are also uneventful.  Then hole #6 ... *TENSION* on my shovel.  I apologize to any virgin ears, but after I saw what it was, I admit to yelling 3 of the "bad" obseneties (I'll let you guess what they were), and they were pretty loud.  It was a wire.  A silver wire coated in black.  It looked just like a root!  I had snaped it clean in 2.

I'm officially freaking out.  I run in the house (by now it's 8:45pm and getting dark) and turn on everything I can - oven, stove, cable, every light, I flush the toilet for kicks ... everything works.  I breath a sigh of relief.  I broke the 1 wire that we don't use.

Turns out it's a secondary cable wire for an internet jack in our master bedroom, that we don't use.  When we went to Lowe's to get sprinkler fixing supplies (only $3.75!!! - jackpot!), the Lowe's guy suggested to bury it and forget about it.  Done, and done!

4 comments:

Terry said...

yeah let the next people worry about it!!! LOL

monica said...

Sounds like craziness that would happen here. LOL

MirEight said...

And this is why I a) don't have a yard and b) would never dream of going out in a yard to tackle that sort of thing...glad it worked out!

Anonymous said...

I wanna hear Amber actually SAY the bad words!