7/18/08

Who needs TV when . . .

. . . you have crazy neighbors!

Let me preface this with this short story: Jonathan used to live in some super ghetto apartments. We heard people playing loud music and talking loud all the time. When we bought our house, we live on a road that looks like a P. We live on the curvy part of the P. So there is really no need for anybody to drive or be on the curvy part of the P, unless you live there. It's much shorter to drive on the straight part of the P.

Anyway ... we went to bed late last night (11pm - that's late for me!). Jonathan says, "do you hear some talking?" I did hear something, but it was pretty quiet - I assumed it was somebody's annoying car radio. Although it's rare for us to hear anything at all. Jonthan walks out of the bedroom, then comes running back in and says "the neighbors are fighting!"

Now, if I could hear them from my bedroom (on the back of the house), this had to be one loud fight!!! And it was!!! We went to our front room and peaked out the window. The problem was, we have a huge bush there, plus the window was all rainy and foggy, so it was hard to see. But for a solid 20 minutes 2 college age kids were screaming ands swearing at each other. This was a fight you only see in the movies. It was loud, and they were running around and crazy! I would've placed a $100 bet that the boy was going to hit/kick his car or beat the crap out of this girl. It was really intense. And, I admit it, fun to watch.

At one point the boy (or was it the girl) took off running at full speed down the road. Who does that?

When, when he walked back (from his sprint), I think they started making out. At this point I went to bed.

It got me thinking - who yells like that? I mean, has anybody ever had an argument (outside your house none the less) for a solid 20 minutes, screaming your lungs out? All I kept thinking to the girl was, "just leave - quit arguing with this psycho!" Although, since she was arguing back, she must be a little psycho too.

Good times!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You realize all this hubub means Amber didn't get to bed until about 11:30 pm!

Terry said...

Amber in da' hood!!! lol

-H- said...

Maybe that's the process they must take just to make out?