3/25/08

*Bam*

Last Sunday (not Easter) evening Jonathan and I (and 2 friends) enjoyed a dinner at Emril’s restaurant at Universal Studios.

Since Emril’s is a ‘fancy’ restaurant, and since it cost and arm and a leg, I anticipated the portions to be pathetically small. You know when you order a $28 plate of chicken, and you get a thimble size piece of meat with fancy sauces drizzled around it?

Not this place! I ordered the $28 plate of chicken – and I got ½ a chicken, about 1 lb of mashed potatoes and a handful of french fries. I couldn’t even eat it all, which killed me because it was so expensive.

Then all 4 of us ordered 1 piece of banana something pie. I figured I would get 1 bite, and everybody else would get 2 bites (which was fine by me, I was stuffed!). Well the pie comes, and it’s as big as my head. I think I took about 20 bites (so much for being stuffed huh?), and everybody else pigged out on it also.

I can’t honestly recommend the restaurant because I really don’t DO fancy restaurants. Plus it was so blooming expensive. Although I’m glad I went once. Now I can say “I’ve been there.” The only reason we went is because Jonathan got a gift certificate for $100 for Christmas. Thank you Jonathan’s boss!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your review of Emerils!

Melanie