10/18/07

Drive Safely!

Yesterday at work I had to drive over to the Wedding Pavilion and drop off some paperwork.

Exiting off the highway, I see a bunch of cars pulled over and people running around.

I thought about it for 2 seconds, and then pulled over myself. I thought maybe something cool was going on, and I didn't want to miss that!

Unfortunatly, it was not something cool at all. It was a white car, in a deep ditch full of water, 80% submurged. There were 5 guys in the water, splashing around.

I just stood there stairing for a second, then I figured all I could do was call 911. They already knew about the accident.

I stood there for another 2 minutes, listening to a woman screaming, and watching the 5 guys splashing around. Just then I realized that somebody must still be in the water.

I'm literally watching somebody die right now.

I couldn't stand there any longer. I had to get in my car and leave. It was a very creepy feeling.

It was all over the news that night. Luckily, I didn't watch anybody die, but 2 kids are in critical condition in the hospital.

Follow the speed limit everybody! Especially on exit ramps. Be safe.

1 comment:

Traci said...

What a scary situation Amber, I'm so sorry that you had to witness that.