10/3/07

Baltimore Blog – part 7

“Take me out to the ball game!”

It was finally game time, and I was relieved. My feet were killing me, and I was exhausted. I felt like a pansy, but I just had no energy. I couldn’t wait to sit down for hours at a time.

Of course, we got to Camden Yards at 5pm, and they don’t let you in until 5:30pm. So that was another ½ hour of standing that nearly killed me. Jonathan foolishly wore a t-shirt with Orioles colors, so he wouldn’t stand out. What he should’ve done it wear Boston colors, b/c 75% of the fans were wearing red!

All trip I was excited to buy my 1 souvenir – ice cream in a mini baseball helmet. I buy one at ever game I go to. AND THEY DIDN’T SELL THEM! I couldn’t believe it. Even spring training stadiums sell ice cream in a helmet. I was so bummed.

I drowned my sorrows by signing up to be a designated driver (we were taking the train, so we weren’t driving anyway), which got me not 1, but 2 free sodas! That’s a $7 value at baseball games.

We had seats on the ‘club level’. It was the level where all the luxury boxes were. Of course, our seats were outside the luxury boxes, but we still walked down a long, fancy, air conditioned hallway to find our seats. It was pretty swanky. There were big screen TVs and leather couches in this hallway, along with super nice, clean bathrooms! That club level was where it was at! (still, no ice cream in a mini helmet!!!)

Red Sox 4 – Orioles 0.

Wait at the light rail to get back to the hotel = 45 minute of torture!

Up next – “It’s Don Rosa day!!!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The club level at soldier field kicks ass. It was beautiful!