3/19/07

*sizzle*

77 days into the year 2007, and I have my first official sunburn. And this is no ordinary sunburn - it's really bad! I look so much like an tourist from the UK, it's not even funny.

I was sitting indian style on the lawn at the Cardinals vs. Braves game. From that position, only the insides of my legs are sunburned, my left ear is fried, and I have 2 red splotches on my face.

My aloe is buried somewhere in the spare bathroom. Since Jonathan's dad (I guess he's called my "father in law" now huh?) was visiting, I didn't want to tear up the bathroom looking for aloe. Jonathan says, "I have some aloe in our bathroom".

Burning and itching I look in the bathroom cabinet and find a HUGE thing of aloe. It was clear colored, felt really cool as I rubbed it on my leg, and it was very sticky.

As I sat still, waiting for my legs to dry and get less sticky so I could put my pants leg down, I read the aloe bottle ... and saw the words ... HAIR GELL!

No wonder it was so sticky!

edit: I think my friend Melanie summed it up best. Jonathan IM'ed her my story. Then Melanie IM'ed me, "I heard about your hair gel story. I was going to make fun of you for putting hair gel on your legs. But instead I'll make fun of Jonathan -- for using hair gel!"

Although, I must admit, he doesn't use it anymore. So we can't mock my husband.

9 comments:

Traci said...

Amber, it's never a dull moment with you. LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! Another funny story!!!!! x0D

Do tell more about your father in law's visit! ;0)

Larilyn said...

So is this some sort of "warning about marriage" story? If you share a bathroom with a boy, check all labels? Or something like that....;)

Kingmsmn67 said...

Now that's funny......and one thing I'll never have to worry about.....I too have a big bottle of Aloe in my bathroom but as you know it will never be confused with Hair Gel

monica said...

Silly girl! I would like to hit a Braves game down there, fun! Better than going to Atlanta for one, it's such a mad house and we haven't been in YEARS!

Anonymous said...

this is just another shinning example of why we love Amber.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the year 2007!
It's so refreshing to hear you use the term that's relating to, "IM" and so forth... ;0D

Unknown said...

Am I the only one who kept thinking about the hair gel scene in Something About Mary??? :o)

funny stuff!

Terry said...

Eeeeewwwwwww Larelle!!!!

funny stuff amber!