3/15/07

My new job

I've been at my new job about a month now. Actually, it's just a temporary job. It ends sometime in June or July.

I work for a new business at Disney. It's an online registry, like Target or Crate & Barrell, for honeymoons! Instead of registering for a toaster or towels, you can register for O'hana or the MK tour.

www.disneyhoneymoonregistry.com

Man, I wish this web site was around when I was going on a honeymoon! I could've registered for shore excursions and stuff.

The reason my job is only temporary is because this is a brand new thing. There are a couple of us temps, and they'll decide if they need us or not.

I still work in Celebration and the hours are 8:45am-5:15pm. At DVC I was number 91 on the senority ladder. Now I'm #1! I can have any days off I want. *faint*

I really miss all my friends at DVC. I worked there for 3.5 years. It's a lot different working with 4 people, as opposed to 150 people.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your current position will be a permanent one! I strongly feel that we need this division! I can't understand why they didn't have it to begin with!!

I can't believe you were at DVC for 3.5 years... Time flies like crazy... BTW, my son turned 7 today! ;0D

Larilyn said...

Okay, so I knew that's the job you switched to, but what is your actual part in that process? Helping people make reservations still, just off their registry?

Traci said...

Congrats at the new job and the different atomosphere.

Anonymous said...

It's helping people use and understand the registry.

-Amber :0)

monica said...

I totally forgot about that being your new job. You know, do people know about that? I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere very much. I think it needs to be advertised more to the world. Sounds fun though and I know people would LOVE it if they knew about it, I am sure there are more Disney freaks out there....aren't there?!