4/7/11

Niagara Falls

(that's me with the American side of the falls in the background. I must admit, the Canadian falls were way cooler than the USA's.)
I haven't been to Niagra Falls in forever. It's not one of those rip roaring, fun filled things to do, but it's one of those famous places you can say you've been to.

It was also FREEZING! It was in the 30s, plus the fall are a giant mist machine. That mist hits your face and partially freezes. My hands were totally frozen by the end of the day.

We spend about 4 hours walking back and forth down the sidewalk looking at the falls. By 4pm we were ready to get going. Then we found out that at 8pm, the falls light up!

We went back and forth, trying to decide if we wanted to kill ANOTHER 4 hours and stick around until 8pm. We figured that we'll never be here again, so why not. We sat in Tim Horton's for about an hour, aimlessly wandered around for another 3 hours, and finally the light show started!

Looking back, it wasn't a glorious light show. Or maybe I was just tired and cold. This is probably the best photo I got of the entire show.

Really?!? So I shouldn't climb over the railing and plummet to my death?


No comments: