4/1/11

DIY pants into a skirt

So here I have a pair of pants that are a little tight around the thighs. Since the waist fits just fine, I decided to try my hand at turning pants into a skirt!

Step 1: Cut the legs in half.

Step 2: Take the top half and cut around the inside of the legs. I actually used a seem ripper to rip the seams out. It was much cleaner than just cutting, although it took 10 times as long.

Step 3: Take 1 of the legs and cut it open. I didn't bother to seam rip this part.

Steps 4-?: I didn't take photos of. Ooops!

Basically you take the bottom leg part and sew it in a V shape in the front. You can see the upside down V in the final product below.

I assumed it would need to sew another upside down V in the back, but when I tried it on (with the back flapping in the breeze), I realize I could just sew up the back and call it a day!

A new bottom hem, and I'm done!

No comments: